November 14, 2007

Jake Gyllenhaal @ Peet's

Last Sunday, I saw Jake Gyllenhaal at Peet's on Walnut and Vine. He was three feet from me, smiling, and all I could do was stare blank-faced, with my mouth agape. I didn't even say hello, I couldn't even think enough to pay attention to know what kind of coffee he ordered. Cappucino? Latte? Black? Decaf? I have no idea. He doesn't seem like a Latte kind of guy, but what if?

There he was, at MY Peet's coffee, on Sunday morning. Ordering coffee. And being the nonchalant Berkeleyans that we are, no one flocked, no one mobbed, no one approached.

All I could do was pour that half-and-half and stir in the brown sugar. Then I left. I left Jake back at my Peet's. This was probably the Sunday morning that he and Reese Witherspoon was heading to Napa Valley to check into the Carneros Inn.

Oh, and he's short. But cute.

2 comments:

Cue said...

Oh my GOD. I might've had to hug him a little. But that's just me.

bbeyes said...

You should've stalked him!!! I am SO disappointed in you.
:)