November 7, 2007

Random thought of the day

I love my office. I love the tree outside my window. I love the plants we're recently planted on the deathstrip. I love the way the office seems to brighten up slowly as the night falls quickly outside my window. I love the tea cups and coffee mugs. I love the little fridge and the hot water thermos. I love the atrium outside my office door, with the ferns, hydrangeas, hibiscus, mums, and what have you. I love the silver-veined fittonia and the pink-nerved fittonia on my desk. I enjoy going to the office, and even enjoy sitting in meetings. I love that people stop by to snatch pieces of candy out of the candy bowl. I love that the space is mine but not mine -- public and private spaces at the same time. I love people whose offices are near mine. I love that they tolerate my singing and humming and grunting and ranting. I love color-coded files. I feel good coming into the office, and I feel good leaving it at night. Thank you all.

2 comments:

Cue said...

And I love your new layout!! Pretty. =)

hat said...

Thanks, Q! It felt like it needed something "autumnal", but I couldn't find anything suitable, so had to settle with this. I'm learning to appreciate it. :)