May 1, 2008

Three shocking numbers...

I recently came across three different numbers that have truly tested not only arithmetic skills but also skills in logic and analytical reasoning. Down to the penny, they say volumes about what life is like in the Bay Area in these times...

$4.15
For one gallon of gas!! Am I glad I don't own a hummer? Yes. Am I glad I share a car with my siblings? Yes! Yes! Am I glad I can walk to work? YEEESSSSS!!!

$36.99
For a 50 lbs. bag of jasmine rice! And this is at Ranch 99 where everything is affordable. This is not so significant, you say? Well, in Arlington, my parents are paying approx. $20 for 25 lbs.

$650,000.00
For a 2-bedroom, 900+ sq. ft. townhome! This is dismal, to say the least. I've been looking at apartments, and in all seriousness, I despair at the rent rates. $2200 for a 2-bedroom apartment? Shocking!

No comments: