October 14, 2008

Diverting our attention

Earlier today, I inadvertently stumbled upon an article on the AC360 site which talked about a soldier who wanted to bring home her adopted puppy "Ratchet." Feel free to browse Anderson Cooper 360, if you want to read more about it, but I'm not going to link to it. Talking about the article is already giving it more attention that I want, but, that's the way it is.

Before I proceed, I want to clarify that I love dogs. I love pets. I understand people who love pets. I sympathize with pet owners. I cherish the poor creatures of God's creation.

However, I marvel at the time and attention that we (namely the 10,000 petitioners) spend on petitioning to bring home a little puppy from Iraq when there are so many other soldiers who could use that same energy, time, and dedication to bring them home. Not just their puppies.

No comments: