November 25, 2008

Beginning anew

Since this Sunday is the first Sunday in Advent, this is the perfect time for me to start a practice that hopefully will help me in the coming days. Recently, I stopped producing the worship bulletin for my church (a different organization necessitated ceasing the printing of these bulletins), and am sad for it, b/c it was a wonderful reflection/meditation opportunity for me. Working on the bulletin allowed me to think about the lectionary and the worship themes throughout the week, in preparation for the coming Sunday.

As a result of this lack in my life, I've decided to start doing it again, but instead of publishing it in the worship bulletin, I'll be posting the materials on nothing but HAT's.

I hope this exercise will be edifying and nourishing for me, and helpful for you, the reader.

I'll be throwing things out during the week, not on any designated day, but it must all be posted before midnight PST on Saturday.

As for the specific content, I'll have to think on this... If you feel inclined, please leave suggestions in the Comments section.

2 comments:

melissa aka paco said...

hey that's a great picture for your blog banner.. did you take that yourself?

hat said...

hey paco, this was taken in my aunt's backyard in el cerrito. i played a bit w/ the colors and cropped it to fit the banner... i was hoping for a look that fits w/ joni mitchell's "both sides now" song but didn't find anything. so i had to settle on this one. if you have a better image to suggest, please let me know.... thanks, friend!