December 9, 2008

Dick Hindman Trio

This past Friday, I went to see the Dick Hindman Trio at the Jazz School in Berkeley. Phenomenal music, and such cute, cute gentlemen! CB was my favorite to look at... He looked literally like a little bobblehead figurine seated behind his drum set, bobbing away. He keeps a mean beat. Solid.

Dick Hindman
? Nothing that I can say could describe him. His humor, his skills, his musicianship, his experience. Everything sounded so perfect. Perfect.

And the bass player? Such gorgeous sounds. A deep soul soothing toe tingling warmth that reverberated from the belly of the instrument all the way to my bones. Like there was a string tied from the bass to my belly button and he was plucking my heartstrings...

It was amazing.

Listen to Sheena's Song (Sheena is his wife) here.

No comments: