August 28, 2009

Dry Eyes

Some of you might think I'm winking at you, but really, I'm not... It's the stress and dry eye irritation that's causing this involuntary spasm in my left eye. You might think it annoying to have someone's eye twitching at you, but believe you me it's far worse to have this constant tugging on your upper eyelid.

Even harder to figure out is how to de-stress to alleviate the eye twitching. I've wondered about just poking out the eye, but that still leaves the eyelid which is the actual part that's twitching. Also possible is to walk around with a fish bowl over my head thus immersing my eyes constantly in h2o. A third possibility is to walk around with my eyes closed all the time -- might create a bit of traffic flow problem, but if people will stay out of my way, they'll be fine.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

melissa aka paco said...

this might be beneficial in many ways. let's try to look at the brighter side.

1- subliminal conversation- control your stress so that it only happens when passing cute men. winking can be a great way to let them know "you're super fine!" oh and don't forget to smile!

2- conversation starter.. "why are you winking at me?" response "oh you know my eye winks when im happy so come talk with me"

3- conversation ender.. "my eye is twitching i need to go to the bathroom and splash some cold water on it"

4- conversation piece "oh btw did you notice my eye twitches... "

5- vacation reason "hi boss. my doctor says my eye is twitching and untill i DESTRESS it wont go away. i think its impeding my work ability. maybe its time i take that 2 week vacation in hawaii (btw can i use our company timeshare)"

what do you think?

Elizabeth E. Grey said...

oh, man, this always happens to me at the end of the semester. it's SO annoying. the thing i found most effective was to gently massage the eyelid every so often, and to ice it a bit at the end of the day. it seemed to help it relax a bit.
good luck!