March 2, 2007

Bay Area Quake!!

At about 8:40 p.m. this evening, a 4.2 earthquake centered in the Lafayette area jolted me out of my reverie. Immediately after the quake hit, the news stations began reporting that people were calling to report that books and things had fallen off their shelves. Is that really news?

I'm beginning to wonder whether the Bay Area communities are prepared if the big quake really hits. It's not too far away, the Big One, and I shudder to think of all the damage and destruction that will result.

Donate blood, folks! It's a precious commodity.

I'm reminded of Al Gore's statement on Oscar night -- Will power: it's a renewable resource!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're okay, Hat.

Remember to duck and cover to protect yourself from flying Prousts and Tolstoys.

:)

ashley said...

It must be frightening to feel like these are dress rehearsals for something far more terrifying.

Kim said...

I think flying books are newsworthy. Very Potter-esque!