November 23, 2007

have I already told you?

It's 2:36 a.m. Friday morning, and I realize that Thanksgiving Day went by without me ever having the chance to check my blog to write a "thank you" to the world. And then it hits me that, well, that's good. I spent time with real live people and gave open thanks and counted my blessings in the presence of friends, not in virtual space, and that's not so bad after all.

I am grateful for the friends who have texted messages or called or emailed or whatever. And I am hopeful I have been diligent throughout the year in telling you that you are called FRIEND, and that your presence is felt -- whether near or far. I hope I have given thanks enough and have expressed my gratitude enough on every non-thanksgiving day. I hope you have experienced my friendship and adoration and gratefulness, and can call me friend, daughter, sibling, niece, granddaughter, teacher, confidente, and coworker, with much joy. For it is with joy that I call you friend.

1 comment:

bbeyes said...

HAT, there is no one quite like you! I'm honored to be your friend.
xoxox