November 21, 2007

shitty blog posts

Ever since t. issued his challenge, I've been browsing through my most recent posts with a fine-toothed comb, searching for the occasional fuck or damn or shit or anything, some sort of verbiage that even hinted of more hardcore content, of something with more sass, with more gravitas. I have not found any. I've been sissified by mr. t. He's called me on it, and there's no denying it because if you've read the entries that have been written on the blog from the inaugural post to this one (if you're still reading, I'm incredulous), this here is some bad shit. But fuck it, I say, because I'm writing what I want. Sorry, T. This is what I have to offer, and it sure as hell sucks, but what more can I give?

My life is about white rice and bland persimmons and boring church meetings and repetitive administrative tasks. I'm pretty mediocre. Nothing stands out, and so, what I produce, well, it's quite unimpressive.

Wait one fucking minute, though. Maybe it's not that my life is boring as hell but because I'm just a shitty writer. Maybe I just have nothing but "slices of life" that make people want to jab letter openers through their eyes after reading, and maybe which will make Norman Mailer roll over in his grave, if he hasn't done it already. I'm the producer of stale blog posts that Mel might want to throw to the shitz and that T wants to dump in the trash.

Sorry, world, this is it.

6 comments:

Cue said...

Your life is not about white rice!!! Or, let me rephrase -- what's wrong with LIKING white rice??

I like persimmons, too. And I don't think they're bland. Neither are you. Good heavens, lady -- look at the adventures you've had in this life so far. Amazing! NOT BLAND.

ps: You said "fuck." hee. :)

T. said...

I fucking LOVE white rice by the way.

But mostly, I can't believe you posted this. Wish we could share a fucking hug.

Didn't I make you drink a beer one time? Man, I'm a bad influence. :)

Megs said...

I think it's really funny that we all did this.

Megs said...

That comment just does not express my true feelings on this subject. HAT, I always felt like the worst person ever swearing in front of you. So, I love that YOU did this. Me, sadly, it was just another day.

Although I almost never say fuck on my blog. Cause my mom reads that shit.

Kirstin said...

Just dropping in to say hi. :-)

ashley said...

HAT - this is totally daring of you. It reminds me of the time we had that little car accident on the way to Kim's birthday party and you said shit. And then you drank an amaretto sour at Cedars. You, my dear, are more than white rice. You are full of surprises.