April 1, 2008

Ok, who else got sucked in, huh? Can't just be me...

I am such a fool!

So I go to check my email, and Gmail has this great "new feature" called New! Gmail Custom Time. Wow. Sounds neat. Because I'm always looking up new features, I go read the description. And it has the craziest "testimonials" from beta test users, like Todd, the Investment Banker:

"I used to be an honest person; but now I don't have to be. It's just so much easier this way. I've gained a lot of productivity by not having to think about doing the 'right' thing."- Todd J., Investment Banker

I think to myself. Crazy. What's going on here? Why would Gmail use these funny testimonials. Must be their peculiar way of making boring descriptions more interesting. I go to Compose Mail and can't find any such Custom Time button. I check and check, and I go to Help and I look up Custom Time and I'm beginning to feel like a total idiot. Then I see that a bunch of other idiots have been on a forum talking about the April fool's joke from the very creative folks at Gmail.

The joke's on me. Clearly. Hah!

No comments: