December 19, 2006

Caught in the fast lane


I just learned yesterday that GK was recently ticketed while coasting on one of CA's highways. In fact, she was clocked at speeds over 100 at 4:00 a.m. on a weekend. For this, you could lose your license. Revoked. No driving. Nadda. Two patrol cars pulled her over and when she stepped out dressed in her heels and weekend party fineries (coming from an elegant "soiree" at a guy's house), GK pulled out all the stops. I doubt those guys had anything in their handbooks on how to deal with a femme fatale at four a.m. But this time she didn't go for the f.f. routine.

Oh officer, I was so scared. It's so late and I'm driving by myself. I just wanted to get home as soon as possible.

Yada yada yada.

She was ticketed at a lower speed of 99 mph. Defense driving lessons. A few other things. No license revoked. Something too minor for driving at speed-demon limits.

I know I should tsk-tsk-tsk, but I'd like to know: where do I learn those FF moves? I never went to Charm School. I missed the class. Pray tell, if I ever gathered enough courage to drive 100+ in the early a.m., what are the most basic steps that I should follow in the manual to scandalously talk my way out of the ticket? Is there a manual?

No comments: