December 19, 2006

Packing for the trip

I have 18 days to pack for the trip to SEAsia. 2 weeks on the roads (dirt, concrete, and waterways), and everything has to go into 1 easy valise and 1 backpack. So far, I have the most essential items:

  1. Wet wipes
  2. Moisturizer
  3. Sunblock
Still debating:
  1. T-Paper? Nah, it's not like I haven't been in VN for 10 months. Besides we're staying at the Y, in hotels, and in seminary dorms. Not exactly Sofitel but not the marshes.Although, the t-paper here is much softer.
  2. Mouthwash? It seems silly to want to carry Listerine around in a backpack, but it's way useful especially when there's a chance you'll be breathing on (and be breathed on by) other folks. But to carry around enough Listerine for 2 weeks?
  3. Glasses in addition to contacts or just extra contacts? What if a freak accident happens and I lose all my contacts? But what if I have to carry my glasses around w/o ever using it once?

I tell myself not to panic when preparing for this trip, but packing for two weeks in SE Asia is very different than packing for 10 months. I'd rather take a lengthy journey as opposed to a short visit b/c you can never tell what you need and what you won't.

Oh yes, I also forgot that I'll need to find 3 make-up items that will make my skin flawless, reduce oil, and will pack light. Something on the go. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Kim said...

I have to say, I am WAY too paranoid to rely on the fact that my contacts will get me by. What if you get scratched in the eye (which you WON'T, but what IF?). I say definitely bring the glasses.

If you ever find this flawless-making, oil-reducing makeup cure, PLEASE let me know what it is. I come home from work every day looking like I jumped in a vat of Vaseline! I do recommend those oil-blotting sheets, though... I think Clean and Clear makes some affordable ones.

Have a great time on your trip!