December 11, 2007

HAT's boring, random 7

I've been asked to post seven random +/or weird facts about HAT, which in my mind always means it's supposed to be interesting. I don't know how I'll be able to do it, considering how I'm completely, utterly, thoroughly, undeniably, irresistibly boring. Weirder than you know, but boring. But, I will try to find at least one interesting thing. For Pen's sake.

1. I have a scar on the outside of my left ankle, from when I was perhaps 4 or 5, and we were still living in Saigon at the time. We were visiting my grandparents' house and we had to ride home on a bike (imagine it: my dad biking, my mom who was at the time pregnant w/ my brother sitting in back w/ my sis in the middle, and me up front with the handlebars -- crazy, isn't it?) and somehow, somehow, I stuck my left foot into the wheel, twisted it in some strange way so that the heel didn't get mangled but the ankle bone did, which is where I got the scar. If I died and you couldn't identify me from my dental records or my fingerprints then you could find the scar. Left ankle.

2. I dream in color. Last night, I dreamt a rather elaborate dream which I've completely forgotten, except for one pair of yellow sandals. I saw it was yellow, and my feet felt like they were squished inside strappy sandals. Plus, I was sitting in a a public bathroom stall. That is all I remember. (Don't ask me what it means, b/c I'm clueless.)

3. I dream in Vietnamese and in English.

4. I like to eat salt w/ my fruits, especially sour Granny Smith apples. And, (G, avert your eyes!) I also like salt w/ my watermelons. Heehee.

5. I hate driving. I really, really, really hate driving a car. I've never wanted to drive. I'm the only person I know who did not want to drive at 16. We share one car among the three of us, and even on days that I have the car, I would prefer not to drive. I don't like the enclosed space. And I don't like the fact that I get aggressive when I drive. I don't think I border on road rage, but I get particularly irritated when I'm behind the wheel.

6. I like to know how stories and movies and plays end. Sometimes, I have to flip to the final page just to view the last sentence. Then I begin from the top.

7. I own at least 50 purses, book bags, clutches, shoulder bags, etc. For some, this may not be a large quantity, but even I feel guilty when I look at the boxes and boxes piled in my closets. Consumerism, aaack! I've not been able to kick the habit.

8. One extra random fact for good measure: I used to have a wart on my middle finger on my right hand. It was to the left side, right where I used to hold my writing utensils. I had to use a wart remover, and now that it's gone, my middle finger is just slightly crooked compared to the others. You can barely tell, but if you looked closely, you can see that it tilts a bit towards the ring finger.

The Rules:
1. Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself.
4. Tag seven people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.

I'm not quite certain anyone I can tag would do this, so I'm just going to urge Daily-M and Object Constancy to do it.

1 comment:

penelope said...

Love it!! You are so not boring. I love the story about the scar. I confess that I too engage in item 6.