December 30, 2007

Naughty or Nice

This year, I've been doing a lot of things the easy way.

(1) This Christmas, I took the easy route and ordered Christmas dinner from Whole Foods. I even ordered La Buche de Noelle from Whole Foods (this was not a good idea, b/c it turned out dry and unappetizing, and a great disappointment, considering that my mother used to bake and sell Buche de Noelle during Christmas -- so there I was serving bad cake to my mother the baker of Buche de Noelle).

(2) I ordered (most) gifts online for Christmas.

(3) I even paid for cleaning service -- the two nicest ladies came and spent 3 hours thoroughly cleaning my house. I AM THAT LAZY.

There's more! But, I can't reveal all my vices at once.

I try, most of the time, to keep perspective. It doesn't succeed always. I skip the baking, the cooking, the cleaning, and the selecting of certain gifts in person. But, on the whole there have been other things that hopefully will redeem me, somewhat.

(1) Christmas cards AND Christmas gifts. A pretty big feat on the whole. I stopped making my own Xmas cards years ago, but it still counts to write them, right?

(2) Personally wrapping gifts instead of merely shipping them off in their prepackaged containers. Hours of gift wrapping. (all the while being mindful of greening)

(3) Single-handedly decorating the entire house for Christmas. By myself. All alone.

(4) Kept the new (greener, anti-consumerist) Christmas purchases under $300.

So, 3 to 4. That's not that bad, right...?

1 comment:

Cue said...

Some things, like cleaning, are just worth paying someone else to do. I'm totally with you there.

ps: Love the new header!