June 23, 2008

Just a note about procrastination

There is absolutely no acceptable excuse for why I have not accomplished the 10 things on my to-do list, except for the fact that my parents and grandmother have been in town and in addition to going out every night (b/c why would we stay home when parents are in town?) we've been boxing things up for our impending move.

The apartment is in shambles, my cupboards have been cleaned of everything and mom has packed all the China and silverware. Corners of my apt are packed tight with boxes and my bookshelves are nearly bare.

I haven't touched my poems in a week, and I haven't looked at poetry books in over 8 days. I have two unread issues of Poets&Writers sitting in my book bag, and another just arrived today.

My poetry class begins in two weeks and I am only learning Moodle (through which we will hold our online classes) tomorrow. Yikes.

All hail procrastination!

No comments: