October 20, 2008

I guess he doesn't "plumb" that much!

I'm sorry to be giving blog-space to such a horrible thing, but I had to do some fact-checking about Joe the Plumber's salary. This is what I found:

As for the star of this ad, Joe Wurzelbacher (a.k.a. Joe the Plumber): He told ABC News, among other news organizations, that he makes much less than $250,000, in which case he'd get a tax cut under Obama's plan. But, he said, he hopes to make that kind of money one day.

For now, Joe would certainly qualify for a tax cut under Obama's plan. According to his hometown newspaper, the Toledo Blade, publicly available divorce court proceedings show that he made $40,000 in 2006. And according to the Tax Policy Center's analysis, 93.5 percent of those making between $40,000 and $50,000 a year would see a tax cut under Obama's plan, averaging $1,124 for the year in 2012.


He hopes to make that kind of money some day. Some day. The man doesn't even make $250,000!!! He wouldn't even be taxed under Obama's plan! I won't be taxed under Obama's plan. In fact, I would get an estimated $1500 tax cut. Yay! (not that I'm counting before they're hatched, but, you know...)

No comments: