September 6, 2009

Love and Kindness

The grief of death and dying surround us everyday, and yet such profound sorrow is so quickly and easily forgotten. I recently found out that a friend had taken his life -- removed his shining, magical, kind presence from our midst -- and we are left with an emptiness that nothing could fill. I have no words.

His parents and brother have consoled us -- his grieving mourners -- by encouraging us to speak and share our love to everyone around us. Every day. That sounds just like what Landon would say to us even as we mourn his absence.

To all my friends, near and far, know that I am always deeply, deeply grateful of and for your love, your support, your presence, your silence, for who you are.

To my readers, take every opportunity to express love. And kindness. And generosity.

Love,
HAT

No comments: