March 10, 2010

Ao Dai Fabric: Prepping for the Brother's Wedding

Here is the fabric that we selected for my ao dai which I will wear at my brother's wedding this June. With the bride and groom's permission, we have each selected our fabrics, always in keeping with the general color scheme of the wedding. For the groom's family (my side!), we will be wearing clothing that bear different shades of green. Therefore, each person's ao dai will contain hints of green. My fabric contains hints of olive green and pepper green, balanced out by juicy orange. So, the tunic (ta ao) will be the fabric that you see on the left-hand side of the photo, and the pants worn underneath the tunic will be the orange color that you see on the right-hand side.

If you want to see what the final product will look like, visit Ao Dai Cham Khanh to see the different fabrics, styles, and prices.  Here is a sample ao dai which I've borrowed from the website:


[The baby blue fabric that you see the model wearing underneath the tunic is the pant and mine would be orange. Of course, the fabric that the model is wearing for her tunic is much more elaborately embroidered but mine is not.]

Thankfully, people w/ much better fashion sense have looked at this fabric, compared it with my skin tones, and have given their approval. Phew! It's a good thing I don't have to select this on my own.


1 comment:

Janet Salsman said...

Gorgeous fabric for a gorgeous woman!!!!!