March 24, 2010

Tulip Magnolia

This was the last photo that I took before leaving the old Deanery in Berkeley. In the last few weeks before my departure, this gorgeous tree was a-blooming in the back yard, right outside the double French doors. I would stand next to this tree and look out the back yard past the gigantic trees and see the Bay Bridge. On clear days, I could even see the Golden Gate Bridge.

Isn't this beautiful?! If you ask me why I had a hard time leaving Berkeley, this is surely one of those reasons.

FYI: I googled the tulip magnolia and found this lovely blogpost about this magnificent tree. Click here to visit Neglected Beauty.

1 comment:

ashley said...

There is something about trees that seem to embody the soul of a place. A very lovely tree, and a lovely view - even if it is only in memory now.