March 18, 2012

Cedars, an Online Literary Journal, goes .com

One of the most powerful ways we can change the communities in which we live, and the world which we inhabit, is through the power of words. Ordinarily, I forget that I (and you and we together) have immense capacity for making good, for wielding this power for the greater benefit of all. So, a little while ago, I was lucky enough, and still feel so, to have been invited to join the editorial team of Cedars, an Online Literary Journal of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. Telling myself not to feel and act like a complete incompetent, I signed on and we are now looking at a fantastic second issue that is forthcoming at the end of this month.

For me, Cedars is a sustainable community and virtual space that pays homage to words and language, to our love of words, as well as the human tendency to grapple with the power of words -- for good or evil. We make a space for words to be written, spoken, seen, performed, lived, morphed, inverted, subverted, contorted -- and through that space, we slowly become change-agents for a sustainable world. At least, that is my hope.

Check us out at:  http://www.cedarsmag.com/


No comments: