December 28, 2006

Episcopalians for 0.7%

At its General Convention in June, 2006, when it elected its very first female Presiding Bishop (hooray!), the US Episcopal Church also passed resolution to support the UN MDGs through its ONE Campaign.

As a staffer at an Episcopal seminary, it is my privilege to say that I am a part of that campaign. Even though I am not a member of ECUSA, it is still exciting to know that I can contribute in significant ways that will eventually make an impact on this earth. Each diocese, congregation, and parishioner in the Episcopal Church nationwide is encouraged to participate by giving 0.7% by 07/07/07. It may be difficult for some of us, but it is not impossible. Not for me. If I calculated this correctly, 0.7% of a $10,000 annual income is only $70 (did I calculate that right?). And for every $10,000, it's another $70. My salary's not like Bill Gates' because as we all know, theological seminaries don't have much funding. Lilly and Kresge will only give so much. Nevertheless, I'm paid. Which means I am able to help in whatever way I can. Yay!

Find out how much you can contribute! (And I don't just mean in dollars!)

No comments: