February 7, 2009

HAT's computer - withered like stubble

Isaiah 40:24 "Scarcely are they planted, scarcely sown, scarcely has their stem taken root in the earth, when he blows upon them, and they wither, and the tempest carries them off like stubble."

While reading the lessons for tomorrow, I came across this verse in Isaiah and immediately thought of my poor little computer. Of course Isaiah 40 is talking about the princes and rulers of earth; however, I still can't help but think that my poor computer is not so different in the sense that it was scarcely purchased and scarcely used, scarcely taken root in my daily life, before it died completely and was carted off to the computer cemetery. Borne off on the winds of some evil virus that snuffed out its little laptop life. So very sad.

Isaiah 40:21 "Have you not known? Have you not heard? Has it not been told you from the beginning? Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth?"

Wasn't I told not to buy a cheap HP? Wasn't I warned not to be such a cheapskate? Wasn't I advised to buy the extended warranty? Have I not heard how poorly HPs perform compared to a Mac? Have I not known how these things might not be reliable? Yes, yes, yes. Alas, alas...

My poor computer is still out of commission and I'm having to borrow chunks of time on other people's computers. But, I'm hoping I can save up to buy something really reliable -- soon. I'm thinking of crossing over to a MAC... Or is there a non-MAC that I can really use?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

3 comments:

Elizabeth E. Grey said...

poor little laptop.

i just this fall got a dell inspiron which i am in love with. before this one, i had another dell laptop, yoshimi, who served me very well for a good 5 years, and who is still around, but has been retired due to feeling old and slow. this new one is great, and was also reasonably priced.
i'd be happy to bring it by, if you'd like a look.

:)

Janet Salsman said...

I love my Mac. Lots. :)

Anonymous said...

HAT

Firstly, I'm SO glad you're still blogging (see my latest post).

Second, I love that you are playful with scripture and you should do more of that.

Third, you should definitely buy a MAC and, if you do, I do believe I have a FREE Applecare Package I can give you (I bought it accidentally) that would otherwise cost you $300.

Holler!

e