February 18, 2009

Is it a want or a need?

My search for a new personal computer continues. From various sources, I've gathered 1 vote for a Lenovo, 6 votes for a Mac (inclusive of Janet's and E's votes), 1 for Dell, and 1 vote (mine) for the HP. I love the Mac, and at the office, I've been using the new iMac and the MacBook Pro. However, I've decided to hope for, about, and toward my HP recovering itself -- perhaps it'll miss me and want to be good and come back. You'll be wondering why I've voted for my pathetic HP. You can't imagine how much I want a new computer, but I just can't. Partly because I have hope. I hope HP will suddenly realize how much it values me as a customer and then send me a brand new computer; I hope that somehow this major company will show some decency and treat its client right. Mainly b/c I have no money for another. No matter how much I want a new laptop, I can't afford to buy another one. Mostly because I don't want to just throw away an old computer. I may recycle it, but is all of it recyclable? What will that do to the environment? Am I contribuing to global warming by buying yet one more product? There's a One Laptop Per Child project and here I am buying computers left and right.

So, for now, I wait, and I borrow my brother's computer. (Imagine that, we each have a computer at home, and we each have at least one computer at our fingertips at the office.) Thanks brother!

No comments: