December 13, 2006

My very own Charlie Brown Xmas tree...

Today, B. showed me the "must have" bag from Anthropologie which she desperately wanted. This thus stimulated my "covet" glands so terribly that I had to go out and scrounge for a new shoulderbag. It was pathetic. I make no excuses for my American grown consumerism. So, at lunch, B. and I walked over to Urban Outfitters in hopes of snatching a present for the holidays. I didn't find a bag, but I did get my very own Charlie Brown Christmas tree (of which Pen had penned).

As my sister and I have not (and will not) set up a real Xmas tree, and since our church (through the brilliant -- haha -- idea of our EMC Chairperson) is embracing a "Charlie Brown Christmas" celebration, it was most apropos that I buy it post haste and set it up in our cozy little living room. Of course, it was beckoning me from across the store... the box says "This tree needs YOU." Yes, it needs me. And I need it. So I took it home.

And, if my sister had not absconded with my digital camera, I would be able to photograph my tree for your viewing pleasure. Alas, it will have to wait another day.

2 comments:

Megs said...

I want that tree so badly. I am jealous.

Anonymous said...

you got the tree, you got the tree!

i'm living vicariously through you...